Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Ch-Ch-Chia Goodness!


So today wasn't all that exciting. It rained all day long, which means that I couldn't go for my walk today. So instead, after having half of a honeydew melon for breakfast, I accompanied my mom and brother to a cafe where I sat in a corner table by the front window and worked on my studies for about an hour. When I got home I spent the next few hours studying some more, doing laundry, and making veggie soup for my mom and vegan mac & cheese for my brother. Once that was done I got the chance to make my own lunch, in which I tested out some of my newly purchased chia seed! I soaked a tablespoon of chia seed with 1/2 a cup of water for about 30 minutes. I then proceeded to blend it with a mango, a banana, a handful of strawberries, 1 Tbs. of Spirulina, 1 tsp. maca powder, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, and some stevia to taste. It was really REALLY good. I was actually surprised on how well the meal sat with me. I was a little nervous mixing chia with fruit since it does have a highish fat content, but it still isn't a fat dominant food so I figured it could hurt to give it a try. It was delicious and didn't cause any bloating of digestive distress any kind. This meal made me feel satisfied at the end without feeling heavy. Two thumbs up!















My mom teaches at a homeschool co-op on Tuesdays in the wee early hours of the morning, and then again later in the afternoon. When she got hope from her afternoon class she and I decided to just go out for the sake of going out so we could get some one on one conversation time with each other. It was a nice pick me up from the gloomy feeling that had been sneaking up on me from all the wet and clouds. On the way home we stopped off at Ingles so that I could get some more organic mangos (I have a serious addiction to this fruit. They are a staple in my diet.)

When I got home it was about an hour before I would have to leave for karate so I decided to grab a couple of bananas and the last of my persimmon jam for a pre-karate snack. I have got to get some more persimmon! They are a new food love of mine, and once I find something yummy, healthy, and raw to boot, I can't get enough! :D



Karate went well. We worked on sets and escapes and ended with handshake push-ups. Karate really is a great way to workout, especially if your someone who enjoys being with other people as well. When it was over I came home HUNGRY so I grabbed a kiwi, 2/3 of a pineapple, 2 mangos, and a cup of grapes and dug in!

No comments:

Post a Comment