In 2010 I shall strive to:
- Take things less seriously. Sometimes. . . ok MOST of the time I have a hard time lightening up around my family when their goofing off, I need to just push back my life pondering and just enjoy the company of my loving family.
- Take constructive criticism better. The perfectionist in me seems to always raise its ugly head whenever I feel threatened by what someone is saying to me. I am striving to stop down my overly defensive nature. I have to remember that when my family and friends are criticizing me about something, that they are doing it to help to get better at whatever it was that I made mistake about. So instead I am going to work on taking other people's criticism with a positive attitude.
- Build muscle mass! Don't get me wrong, I am more than happy with my body. It took me most of me high school to get over my body image issues, so the reason I want to get some more lean muscle mass is for the health benefits. Face it, people, women in my case, benefit from having SOME muscle tone (not looking to be a body builder here). I just think that if I were stronger that I could do more amazing things like rock climbing and garden tilling! Also I want to see if by obtaining some more muscle over my patellas (knee caps) might help give them better support since they haven't been the same since I accidentally dislocated both of them during high school.
- Move out of Georgia. I lived in Hawaii for the first year of my life and then California until I turned five. Despite that, most of my life memories involve Georgia. I have lived in the same place for the past thirteen years and I am ready to find a new place to put some roots, preferably in a place where for a majority of the year it's warm and sunny (what can I say, Hawaii and California spoiled me).
- Blog and youtube more regularly. So many times i've come up with good ideas for a post or video, but half the time I don't bother to do make the video or write the post. I am being inconsistent and I don't like that, so in this new year I plan on writing and youtubing on a more consistent basis. Hopefully I can come up with some good stuff that you guys will find useful.