Sunday, February 20, 2011

Must have sleep!

     Hey guys! Sorry I didn't post last weekend, I was sick. Last week both my mom and brother were sick, and much to my dismay, they passed it onto me. I normally have a very strong immune system and don't get sick. However, with my training, homework, chores, and taking care of sick family members I wasn't getting nearly enough sleep. With my weakened immune system "the bug" was able to infiltrate my body, and it was NOT fun. It just goes to show you that you are only as strong as your weakness. This time my health weakness was sleep, and I payed for it. I was only sick for three days but that put me behind school, so I've been scrambling to catch up this week, leaving me little time for any sort of training let alone blogging. Thankfully today I have finally caught up on all my work and have started training again. 

     Just because I was out for the count last week doesn't mean that I wasn't able to snap some pictures here and there. The following pics cover my two week gap between posts. Enjoy!

Lunch from Whole Foods

     I've read articles from professionals who say that eating too much fruit is bad for you because it can cause high blood pressure. I found this highly unlikely. Fruit is an unrefined sugar (carb) that our bodies were designed to easily assimilate. Still, I decided to see for myself using the blood pressure machine at a   local pharmacy.

Blood pressure 30 min. after a 2 hr. workout (5 hours since last fruit meal)


Blood pressure 10 min. after an 8 banana & 6 date smoothie.
As you can see, there isn't a very significant difference. Fruit rocks!

When I was sick my mom made this lovely Get Well Strawberry Banana "Ice Cream"

     My latest fruit bounty:

Honeydew

40 lbs. of Organic Bananas

 Nothing is as beautiful as a fruit filled refrigerator!

 Fuyu Persimmons

Chocolate Sapote, Pineapple, & Spinach

Watermelon & Mangos

 Tangerines, Strawberries, & Blueberries

Heirloom Tomatoes

     Not pictured was 2more boxes of Mango, 2 more packages of Persimmons, and a liter of fresh Coconut Water. I hit the fruit jackpot for sure this time around!


 Training Update: 2/6 - 2/20



Peace!

1 comment:

  1. @Rawaholic

    your blood pressure is very low but for a sport that's great

    ReplyDelete