Thursday, February 18, 2010
Market Day Bounty
Went to the Dekalb Farmer's Market and Rainbow Natural Groceries Store for weekly produce. What a buy when I go depends upon the season and the quality of the produce, however, this is a list of what I bought.
- 2 Large Papaya
- 1 Medium Organic Jackfruit
- 1 Medium Durian
- 2 Small Honeydew Melon
- 1 Medium Watermelon
- 10 lbs. Organic Oranges
- 1.5 lbs. Organic Medjool Dates
- 20 lbs. Organic Bananas
- 2 Limes
- 20 Organic Mangos
- 2 16oz pkg. Organic Grape Tomatoes
- 2 16oz pkg. Blueberries
- 0.5 lbs. Organic Sundried Tomatoes
- 32fl.oz Raw (unpasteurized) Coconut Water
- 2 8oz pkg. Raw Probiotic Coconut Yogurt (a little goes a long way in smoothies)
- A treat - 1 small jar of Raw Hawaiin Lau Flower Honey
- 6 33.8fl.oz Penta Water Bottles
This all cost me about $120. I usually spend around $80-$90 on one of thses trips, but I needed some higher priced items (i.e. Raw Honey, Coconut Yogurt, and Penta Water) this time around.
I didn't purchase any greeens this time around as I still have about 5lbs. of leafy green still in my fridge that need to be devoured before I need more, and this time I've got acoupon for Organi greens!! :-D
P..S. A picture of me with my fruity snowman of the winter!