Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Training for Half Marathon - Days 29 & 30

Day 29 - Monday
--------------------------------------
     At 10:30 am I went to my regular chiropractic appointment to get my bones popped, have my electro-heating pad treatment, and my physical therapy. Afterwards, I helped my mother on some errands before coming home and made her some of my famous Rawslaw. WIth this recipe she made herself this lovely all low-fat, all raw masterpiece!


Doesn't it look oh so gorgeous and scrumptious?! ;-D


     The rest of the day was spent doing the usual chores around the house and my CSNN studies. However, around 3:30 that afternoon I felt up to a light run. So, I took my mom outside with me (it was bright and sunny, just the way I like it!). We both went for a fast 4 mph walk with one of our dogs, Charlie, while I did 2 minute sprints every other minute or so for 20 minutes. I could have gone linger if I wanted but I had done strength training on my legs in physical training with the leg curl machine. I didn't want to overdo it. The last thing I want to do is strain something, preventing me from training and thus, preventing me from running my half marathon. Yikes!

Day 30 - Tuesday
--------------------------------------
     Nothing really interesting happened today except for treating myself to some Durian! Man I love that stuff, but I can rarely afford to buy it with my food budget, however, this time around at Farmer's Market, the price was reasonable enough that I splurged! I was only able to eat about a third of the Durian though, it may be delicious, but it is quite a rich fruit. I put the rest in an air tight jar in the refrigerator for later in the week.

     I didn't go for a run today, instead I made this my weight training/do the heavy duty chores around the house today. I cleaned my bathroom, the kitchen, my room, swept, dusted, and did some laundry. When I finally burned off most of the energy I got from my breakfast, I settled into my CSNN studies until around 2:30. I spent the rest of the afternoon with my dear friend Terra. So all in all, a pretty nice day.



1 comment: