Thursday, February 4, 2010

Training for Half Marathon - Days 24 & 25

















DAY 24 - Wednesday
------------------------------------------------------
     Wednesday was the day of my brothers 16th birthday. My mom and I got up early to drive into Atlanta to get food supplies from Whole Foods. When we arrived home my mom and I spent an hour or so in the kitchen whipping up some treats. We baked an apple pie for my brother and I made a raw apple crumble.


      I was  able to spend a few hours working on some CSNN work and catch up on some of my emails before heading out with my family to the theater to see Sherlock Holmes. My brother had been begging for us to go see this movie since it first came out, so my mom and I decided to grant him a birthday wish.

     Sadly, my day was kept so busy that I was unable to go for a run on Wednesday. I did, however, manage to squeeze in 15 minutes of weight training before bed. I was just glad knowing that my brother had a wonderful birthday! :-)









DAY 25 - Thursday
-----------------------------------------------------
     Today was rough. I woke up bright an early (6 a.m.) and promptly consumed two small honeydew melon while working on the computer. At around 7:30 a.m. I went for a half hour run before it started to rain, so I came home and did 10 minutes doing weight sets before taking a shower.

     After getting dressed I then proceeded to consume a cold, sweet, refreshing, and creamy Minty Papaya Smoothie and five Fuyu Persimmons. Yum yum! :-D



Minty Papaya Smoothie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- 4 C. Papaya, chopped
- 2 C. Banana, choppes, frozen
- 1 large handful of Mint, fresh
- 1 Tbs. Raw Honey
- 2 Tbs. Raw Probiotic Coconut Yogurt
- Juice from half a lime
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 C. Coconut Water

Blend until smooth and fell sweet, clean, & fresh!
     
     At 2:30 p.m. my mom and I went to out chiropractic appointments. The doctor popped my my neck (didn't realize I was so tense until he did that! LOL) and then popped my back and hips before  putting the electro-therapy patches with the heating pads on my lower back. 

     While my mom underwent the same electro-message therapy, I was doing 15 minutes of leg strengthening exercises using a leg curl machine. The doctor thinks that this will help with the knee aching. I'm going to see what a month of this does for me.

My mom undertaking her electro-message therapy with heating packs to cause relaxation.


This device is similar to the leg curl machine at my chiropractor's office.

 

          Tomorrow will be raining again, so I believe I might go for a swim at the local indoor pool. My mom and I are also hoping to set a date to drive up to Kentucky to check up on our land. It's been a couple years so it's probably overgrown. Maybe I'll actually get to meet the some of the Amish who live in the area! :-D

2 comments:

  1. may I make a suggestion? could you change the colors of the text to make it more readable? the turquoise on blue with black print is hard to focus on. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raw probiotic coconut yogurt? Where do you get this or do you make it and if so, how? Also, the raw apple crumble looks really good! How is it made?

    ReplyDelete