Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snow Day turned Ice Week

  
     What a week it has been so far. Sunday night brought loads of beautiful snow and to my great pleasure classes were cancelled for Monday. I spent that day running and playing in the snow, enjoying all the beautiful cold white fluffy goodness! Alas, the beauty swiftly turned into a nightmare.

     Tuesday the beautiful snow turned to thick sheets of hard glass-like ice. It's now Thursday and the ice still isn't gone! Today was actually the first day I was able to drive because of the roads being so bad. It was just in time too; I was going stir crazy being stuck at the house for 3 days in a row. The ice was so menacing that I couldn't even go running outside. My one attempt to do so resulted in me almost breaking a leg. Fortunately I have only a few bruises to show for my idiocy.

     On the bright side, being cooped up gave me plenty of time to work on our (my mom and mine) book. I mean one can only watch episodes of Murder She Wrote so long before becoming desperate to do something more productive. And don't think that just because I couldn't be physically active in the ways I wanted to be deterred me from continuing my training. I decided to use this time stuck inside to work on some of the muscle areas I don't normally focus on such as my abs, glutes, thighs, and arms.

With just a mat and a pair of 5 lb. weights I worked up quite a sweat. . .

Monday
  • 1 hour playing in the snow (e.g. snowball fights, walking, running, snow angel making)
  • 100 crunches
  • 20 push-ups
Karate Dude

Tuesday
  • 100 crunches
  • 20 push-ups
  • 30 minutes of stretching with some random yoga moves thrown in.
  • 50 squats (ouch!)
  • 20 minutes weight lifting
Vibram Foot Prints
Wednesday
  • 5 minutes Mountain Climbers
  • 50 squats (double ouch!)
  • 30 minutes weight training
  • 20 minutes stretching
  • 1 minute intervals running in place (5 rounds/reps)
  • 100 crunches
  • 20 push-ups
By late morning today the sun had been out long enough to melt sufficient amount of ice for my to go to the gym where I finally got RUN!!! :-D

Thursday
  • 60 crunches with a seated abdominal machine 
  • 6 reps of 10 on the abnominal twisting machine
  • 45 minutes run (5 miles)
  • 5 minutes stretching
     With all these high energy workouts I have been one hungry girl. Some of the food I've been enjoying these last few chilly days. . .









     I hope all of you guys are staying warm, healthy, and happy out there. Until next time! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment