Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Monday: Mameys, Mangos, and the Mall

Labor Day, Monday, was another lovely sunny day! I had my first Mamey Sapote that morning. The taste and texture really surprised me, as I had no idea what to expect of it. To me, a Mamey has the same taste and texture as a baked sweet potato with maple syrup. Yummy! I also had a fruit smoothie that I made for my entire family, and they all adored it (even my usuall raw avoiding brother).  
                       


























Frozen
banana,
fresh strawberries
& blueberries,
raw honey,
& vanilla. My mom said,
"It's like having dessert for breakfast."




 
 

















While enjoying our breakfast smoothies my family and I decided to watch the movie U.S. Marshalls. It turned out to be quite the thriller. I was on the edge of my seat almost the entire time and the movie even managed to throw in a twist I did not see coming. I definitely recommend this movie. I would watch the movie The Fugitive first since U.S. Marshalls is the companion/sequel to The Fugitive. You could still watch it without watching The Fugitive, but I think you would appreciate it more.


By the end of the movie my Mom and I were getting a bit restless so we left my brother at the house while we went to the Mall. First we walked around outside for a bit before walking the mall (stairs and all) for about 45 minutes before stopping at Borders to browse. I ended up purchasing an autobiography of a man who has Asperger's syndrome (a form of Autism). So far it's turning out to be a good read. I might write a review on it for my this blog when I finish it.

After arriving home I took my car out to stop off at Ingles to grab some more bananas and pick up my crate of organic mangos (which are ripening on top of the refrigerator as I as writing this). Seriously my family is in love with bananas. My family goes through 7 to 8 bunches a week. I put them in my smoothies, eat them as a snack or mono meal. My mom and brother has them in his Raw Cacao Hemp smoothies. My toy poodle, Penny, has a potassium deficiency so she always wants to eat bananas, so I feed her 1 to 2 of them everyday!

I hope everyone has had a lovely holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment