Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday: Insurance, Lettuce Wraps, and CSNN


Today got off to a good start, with my usual morning quart of lemon water followed by 4 cups of freshly cut up sweet pineapple. At 11 o'clock (a.m.) my mother accompanied me to our insurance agency. Now that I am officially an adult it was time for me to get my own insurance. After some thought I finally decided on the 5 year renewable term. 

Being an a legal adult is feeling a bit . . . surreal. I was just a few weeks ago that I was still 17 and under the authority of my mom. Now I alone am responsible for myself, my actions, and the rewards or consequences that come with those actions. I guess I just haven't really gotten used to it yet.

When lunch time rolled around my mom and brother had gone out to TCB (our local cafe) so I got the whole house to myself. :) I decided to throw together whatever was around the housefor lunch and wound up with this:














The filling was made up off locally grown tomato, cucumber, red onion, minced garlic, dried basil, and real salt. Simple, fast, and tasty! After putting it together I sat back and enjoyed an old episode of the T.V. show Monk while ate. Afterwards was just spent doing various chores around the house: laundry, sweeping, emptying the dishwasher, etc.

At about 1:30 p.m. I grabbed a banana and headed out to run a few errands. I headed over to Johnson Park to renew my annual pass so that I can start swimming laps in the morning again, and visited a few local establishments to ask about any part-time job openings. I'll be filling out some applications for a job tomorrow, wish me luck!

After picking up my brother and dropping him off at karate I headed over to TCB to meet up with my mom after she finished teaching at PCLA, and to work on my correspondence study work for the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition (CSNN), I just finished the chapter covering water pollution. Most of it I already from independent research, but still, it blows my mind on just how many chemicals and metals that out in tap water. Yikes!

When I got home I settled in with my nightly quart of smoothie to relax and enjoy the rest of the evening. Tomorrow I'm aiming to work on a few projects as well as some more of my CSNN work. Hopefully all will go smoothly.
















My new favorite smoothie! 
A combo of mango, banana, peach, raw honey, and cinnamon!

No comments:

Post a Comment