Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wednesday (09/09/09): Not what I expected


Today didn't go or turn out even vaguely close to what I had planned. First, my organic plums turned out to be a bomb. Seriously, it was like eating slightly sweet water! I only wound up eating 2 of the 5 that I had, choosing some globe grapes to make up the bulk of my meal.

Then I had to go back to the insurance agency that morning because of some sort of misunderstanding/mix up that took about 40 minutes to resolve. No sooner had that been taken care of my up to Rainbow Natural Groceries to get more organic dog food. Since we were already in the area my mom and I had lunch at Rainbow and stopped off at Farmer's Market just to grab a few things so we wouldn't have to come back Friday, but instead could hold out until Sunday or Monday.

I get home and head off to TCB to do my CSNN work while my mom takes my brother to karate. Today I studied the important links between the digestive track, enzymes, and nutrient absorption. I also have started into studying the different types of carbohydrates and the enzymes needed to metabolize them.

Afterwards I picked up the dogs from the groomers and ran over to the nearest Ingles to see if they had any Organic peaches, they didn't have any. I guess I am going to have to check the other Ingles tomorrow morning when I go for a swim.

By the time I was settled back at home for the evening, it was 6:30 p.m. and all I felt like doing was making a smoothie and watching another Monk. Like I said, this day, not what I expected. Tomorrow though is another day and I plan to make the most of it! 

Tomorrow is Surprise Thursday, the day that my mom goes to PCLA in the morning to tutor in Algebra, and when she gets back in the afternoon I have a lovely lunch made up for everyone! Since my brother eats mostly cooked and my mom eats some cooked grains and potatoes, I always make sure that there is at least two healthy as possible, cooked dishes on the menu. The rest I make is raw and there for my family if they feel up to trying out one of my raw creations. I have no idea what I'm going to make tomorrow. I never really know for sure until it comes time to start making it! :)

Anyway, before I end this entry I wanted to make a list here on all the things I want to complete before Saturday. I'm thinking that if I list them on this blog that it might motivate me to actually do them and finish them. Wish me luck!

1. Clean bathroom.
2. Clear up garden (weed, prune, harvest)
3. Clean out garage/gym
4. Organize and label stuff in preparation to have a garage sale
5. Carry out Surprise Thursday
6. Swim Laps
7. Look into buying a bike
8. Finish Lesson 5 of CSNN module #1 by Friday evening
9. Get peaches

And off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment