Monday, January 4, 2010

Hello 2010!!

     Can you believe it?! We are all now getting settled into the year  2010, and this is my very first blog post for this brand new year! Let me tell you that this January has been FREEZING!! Mind you, I know that there are quite a few places in the U.S. that are much much colder than here, but for me, it is more than uncomfortably cold. Still, I have not allowed myself to use the nippy temperature to give me an excuse not to get outside and MOVE. It may be cold out, but it's also bright and sunny (Vitamin D baby!).


     This weekend I spent loads of time freezing my little bum off outdoors! LOL. :-D Saturday I went for a 30 minute walk/run (trying to increase my running distance) before going to the park with my mom, brother, and our two dogs (Charlie and Penny. Love them bunches!) to go for a 30 minute walk. By the time we all got back to the car, body temperature wise, I was actually feeling quite comfortable as I was wearing my new insulated outdoor running jacket. My poor mom, however, had by then lost all feeling in her hands and toes. Before we left we also took the time to set Charlie loose on the geese that had gathered in the field. That dog had a ball!! Hehehe. . . it's the sheep dog in him I guess.ice











































How my brother managed to stay warm in nothing but a long sleeved t-shirt and a hoodie is beyond me.


     Sunday, my mom and I did our routine grocery trip. We went to Whole Foods and Rainbow, stocking up on all the good stuff:

  • Blood Oranges
  • Red and Green Grapes
  • Strawberries
  • Blueberries
  • Blackberries
  • Persimmons
  • Bananas
  • Apples
  • Pineapples
  • Tomatoes
  • Leafy Greens - Spinach, Romaine Butterhead
  • Celery
  • Okra
  • Bell Pepper
  • Fresh Coconut Water
  • Raw probiotic coconut yogurt
  • Raw Tahini
     After coming home and unloading all the goodies, I grabbed some Persimmons and headed off to pick up my friend Terra to go (drum roll please)  ICE SKATING!! Woohoo! :-D We skated for about an hour until we were chilled to the bone and had blisters from the renter skated before walking around the town taking random pictures of our chilled selves and whatever else we came across until my mom came to pick us up.







Winter's Beauty



     We stopped of at Starbucks to chat over tea and coffee while we warmed up. I felt so excited when Terra expressed interest in raw food!! So happy that one of my friends is really open to the idea and not so skeptical on its validity. She actually expressed interest in trying a green smoothie instead of wrinkling her nose at the mention. It pays to have opened minded people as friends.

     This morning was sunny but I just didn't feel up to braving the cold again. I settled instead to do weight circuit training indoors. Let me tell you, my muscles are going to be feeling it tomorrow! It was worth it though, a good workout always is. :-) 


     My college applications are well on there way to being finished. I have the applications all filled, almost all my college packets assembled, and all but two of the supplement essays completed. All that's left is for me get Paragon Academy to send out my transcripts and pick up my teacher recommendations. The deadline for all this stuff to get sent out is January 15th, so I do believe I am right on schedule.


     So far this year is off to a pretty good start. I have a good feeling about this year for me and I think a lot of adventure is in store! Until next post, may Yahweh love you and keep you all the days of you life!


No comments:

Post a Comment